AIRFlowS Lab members are listed in bold.
- Harb, C., Pan, J., DeVilbiss, S., Badgley, B., Marr, L., Schmale III, D., and Foroutan, H., 2021, “Increasing freshwater salinity impacts aerosolized bacteria,” Environmental Science & Technology, Vol. 55(9), pp. 5731-5741.
- Brandao, R. and Foroutan, H., 2021, “Air quality in southeast Brazil during COVID-19 lockdown: combined satellite and ground-based data analysis,” Atmosphere, Vol. 12(5), p. 583.
- Gilliam, R. C., Herwehe, J. A., Bullock, O. R., Pleim, J. E., Ran, L., Campbell, P. C., and Foroutan, H., 2021, “Establishing the Suitability of the Model for Prediction Across Scales for Global Retrospective Air Quality Modeling,” Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, Vol. 126, e2020JD033588.
- Rudke, A. P., Martins, J. A., de Almeida, D. S., Martins, L. D., Beal, A., Hallak, R., Freitas, E. D., Andrade, M. F., Foroutan, H., Baek, B. H., and de A. Albuquerque, T. T., 2021, “How mobility restrictions policy and atmospheric conditions impacted air quality in the State of São Paulo during the COVID-19 outbreak,” Environmental Research, Vol. 198, 111255.
- Nolan, P., Foroutan, H., and Ross, S., 2020, “Pollution transport patterns obtained through generalized Lagrangian coherent structures,” Atmosphere, Vol. 11, p. 168.
- Harb, C. and Foroutan, H., 2019, “A systematic analysis of the salinity effect on air bubbles evolution: laboratory experiments in a breaking wave analog,” Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, Vol. 124, pp. 7355-7374.
- Sarwar, G., Gantt, B., Foley, K., Fahey, K., Spero, T., Kang, D., Mathur, R., Foroutan, H., Xing, J., Sherwen, T., and Saiz-Lopez, A., 2019, “Influence of bromine and iodine chemistry on annual, seasonal, diurnal, and background ozone: CMAQ simulations over the Northern Hemisphere,” Atmospheric Environment, Vol. 213, pp. 395-404.
- Barbieri, L., Kral, S.T., Bailey, S.C.C., Frazier, A.E., Jacob, J.D., Reuder, J., Brus, D., Chilson, P.B., Crick, C., Detweiler, C., Doddi, A., Elston, J., Foroutan, H., Gonzalez-Rocha, J., Greene, B.R., Guzman, M.I., Houston, A.L., Islam, A., Kemppinen, O., Lawrence, D., Pillar-Little, E.A., Ross, S.D., Sama, M., Schmale III, D.G., Schuyler, T.J., Shankar, A., Smith, S.W., Waugh, S., Borenstein, S., Dixon, C., and de Boer, G., 2019, “Intercomparison of small unmanned aircraft system (sUAS) measurements of the lower atmosphere during the LAPSE-RATE campaign,” Sensors, Vol. 19, p. 2179.
- Nolan, P., Pinto, J., González-Rocha, J., Jensen, A., Vezzi, C., Bailey, S., de Boer, G., Diehl, C., Laurence, R., Powers, C., Foroutan, H., Ross, S., and Schmale, D., 2018, “Coordinated unmanned aircraft system (UAS) and ground-based weather measurements to predict Lagrangian coherent structures (LCSs),” Sensors, Vol. 18, p. 4448.
- Foroutan, H., Tang, W., Heist, D., Perry, S., Brouwer, L., and Monbureau, E., 2018, “Numerical analysis of pollutant dispersion around elongated buildings: an embedded large eddy simulation approach,” Atmospheric Environment, Vol. 187, pp. 117-130.
- Bullock, R., Foroutan, H., Gilliam, R., and Herwehe, J., 2018, “Adding four dimensional data assimilation by analysis nudging to the Model for Prediction Across Scales – Atmosphere (Version 4.0),” Geoscientific Model Development, Vol. 11, pp. 2897-2922.
- Monbureau, E., Heist, D., Perry, S., Brouwer, L., Foroutan, H., and Tang, W., 2018, “Enhancements to AERMOD’s building downwash algorithms based on wind-tunnel and embedded-LES modeling,” Atmospheric Environment, Vol. 179, pp. 321-330.
- Pye, H.O.T., Zuend, A., Fry, J.L., Isaacman-VanWertz, G., Capps, S.L., Appel, K.W., Foroutan, H., Xu, L., Ng, N.L., and Goldstein A.H., 2018, “Coupling of organic and inorganic aerosol systems and the effect on gas-particle partitioning in the southeastern US,” Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, Vol. 18, pp. 357-370
- Foroutan, H. and Pleim, J., 2017, “Improving the simulation of convective dust storms in regional-to-global models,” Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems, Vol. 9(5), pp. 2046-2060.
- Foroutan, H., Young, J., Napelenok, S., Ran, L., Appel, K., Gilliam, R., and Pleim, J., 2017, “Development and evaluation of a physics-based windblown dust emission scheme implemented in the CMAQ modeling system,” Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems, Vol. 9(1), pp. 585-608 (selected for the cover page).
- Appel, K., Napelenok, S., Foley, K., Pye, H., Hogrefe, C., Luecken, D., Bash, J., Roselle, S., Pleim, J., Foroutan, H., Hutzell, W., Pouliot, G., Sarwar, G., Fahey, K., Gantt, B., Gilliam, R., Kang, D., Mathur, R., Schwede, D., Spero, T., Wong, D., and Young, J., 2017, “Description and evaluation of the Community Multiscale Air Quality (CMAQ) model version 5.1,” Geoscientific Model Development, Vol. 10, pp. 1703-32.
- Foroutan, H. and Yavuzkurt, S., 2016, “An axisymmetric model for draft tube flow at partial load,” Journal of Hydrodynamics, Vol. 28(2), pp. 195-205.
- Foroutan, H. and Yavuzkurt, S., 2015, “Unsteady numerical simulation of flow in draft tube of a hydroturbine operating under various conditions using a partially-averaged Navier-Stokes model,” ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 137(6), p. 061101.
- Foroutan, H. and Yavuzkurt, S., 2015, “Numerical simulations of the near-field region of film cooling jets under high free stream turbulence: Application of RANS and hybrid URANS/LES models,” ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol. 137(1), p. 011701.
- Foroutan, H. and Yavuzkurt, S., 2014, “A partially-averaged Navier-Stokes model for the simulation of turbulent swirling flow with vortex breakdown,” International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, Vol. 50, pp. 402-416.
- Mehdizadeh, A., Foroutan, H., Vijayakumar, G., and Sadiki, A., 2014, “A new formulation of scale adaptive simulation approach to predict complex wall bounded shear flows,” Journal of Turbulence, Vol. 15(10), pp. 629-649.
- Foroutan, H. and Yavuzkurt, S., 2014, “Flow in the simplified draft tube of a Francis turbine operating at partial load−Part I: Simulation of the vortex rope,” ASME Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 81(6), p. 061010.
- Foroutan, H. and Yavuzkurt, S., 2014, “Flow in the simplified draft tube of a Francis turbine operating at partial load−Part II: Control of the vortex rope,” ASME Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 81(6), p. 061011.
- Foroutan, H. and Yavuzkurt, S., 2013, “A model for simulation of turbulent flow with high free stream turbulence implemented in OpenFOAM,” Journal of Turbomachinery, Vol. 135(3), p. 031022. (ASME-IGTI Best Technical Paper Award).
- Bazdidi-Tehrani, F., Foroutan, H., and Rajabi-Zargarabadi, M., 2013, “Film cooling effectiveness in single row of holes: First moment closure modeling,” Journal of Energy Equipment and Systems, Vol. 1(1), pp. 6-18.
- Foroutan, H. and Yavuzkurt, S., 2012, “Simulation of flow in a simplified draft tube: turbulence closure considerations,” IOP Conf. Ser.: Earth and Environmental Science, Vol. 15, p. 022020.
- Newsome, D., Sengupta, D., Foroutan, H., Russo, M.F., and van Duin, A.C.T., 2012, “Oxidation of silicon carbide by O2 and H2O: A ReaxFF reactive molecular dynamics study: Part I,” Journal of Physical Chemistry C, Vol. 116, pp. 16111-16121.